Here is your chance to win tickets to this one-of-a-kind event! 6 lucky winners will receive a pair of tickets to Harvest Noir this Saturday. All you have to do is leave us a comment below or Tweet us @613style telling us why you want to go and the best responses will win! Hurry – the contest closes tomorrow night at 7pm!
This Saturday, September 7, Harvest Noir will take over Ottawa once again! This fabulous and unique event celebrates the end of summer and the start of the harvest season. With a “chic” picnic, fashion show, DJ dance party featuring TIMEKODE, and several flashmobs, Harvest Noir is a feast for all the senses.
What is it? Well, according to their official site, groups of friends of all ages dress in black, celebrate local food and fine wine at the picnic, and then dance the night away in one of Ottawa’s finest venues. There are tons of prizes, surprises and amazing food!
Here’s all the details!
THE FASHION SHOW
– Dance Noir also features an audience participation fashion show with huge prizes, hosted by the fabulous China-China Doll.
– Terrific prizes for Most Creative Outfit, Most Innovative Headpiece, and Best Overall Costume. These include a $250 gift certificate to H&M’s flagship Ottawa store (opening soon!), and a $500 gift certificate to Sukhoo Sukhoo Couture!
– Our esteemed judges for this year’s fashion show are Sarah Freemark (CTVOttawaMorningLive co-host), Janet Wilson (Fashion Editor for the Ottawa Citizen), and Frank Sukhoo (Sukhoo Sukhoo Couture).
THE DJ AFTER-PARTY
* Unprecedented. For the first time, we are opening up Dance Noir, the elegant dance-crazed after-party for the Harvest Noir flashmob picnic, to the public.
* Sexy. Dance Noir was voted one of Ottawa’s sexiest parties by Apt613 readers.
* Swanky Secret Location. In 2011, Dance Noir took over the Grand Hall of the Museum of Civilization, and in 2012 it was 3 dancefloors at the National Arts Centre. After-party guests will be informed of the 2013 secret location at the last minute by email.
* Soul. TIMEKODE will be taking guests on a soulful journey through dance music eras, starting with vintage jazz, big band & swing and winding through the decades before landing in the Land of Funk, Soul, and Groove.
* Top 40. DJ Eric Latulippe, back by popular demand, dropping the ultimate crowd-pleasing mix of Top 40 and Classic Rock on the Mainstream Dancefloor.
* Tickets: $27.50 per person.
* Dress code: Strictly enforced. Head-to-toe black.
THE SECRET PICNIC
At the last minute, the location is revealed to the guest list. Elegantly-dressed diners head to the secret destination toting picnic baskets stuffed with locally-harvested food they’ve prepared, set up a feast at their assigned tables, and celebrate the end of summer and start of the harvest with friends old and new.
Guests will enjoy the dining experience of the year, accompanied by fine local wine and refined music by The Ottawa Jazz Orchestra.
On August 18, as a prelude to the Harvest Noir pop-up picnic, amateur models dressed in sexy/creative/vintage black descended on Rideau Street by the Chateau Laurier with their bicycles to do a photo shoot with fantastic photographers including Ottawa VELO Vogue, Steve Gerecke, and Pete Laporte.